Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Chargrilled Oysters without their shells

IMG_2858 (800x533)

We LOVE Oysters. My husband used to hate them and get grossed out when I would order them on the half shell. Now he’s a huge fan and likes testing out all the toppings they offer.

IMG_2849 (800x533)

I noticed our grocery store offered them already shucked and cleaned which is nice and easy for po'boys, but I was craving the char grilled ones we had last summer (click HERE for details). I was trying to figure out how I could recreate that without the shells then it dawned on me….do the same thing just use a foil pan! It was easier then shucking the oysters and doing all the cleaning. I followed the same directions as doing them in the shell, you just have to watch them so when the cheese melts and it’s bubbly they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment