Monday, April 7, 2014

Filet with Mushroom Sauce

IMG_6260 (800x600)

I don’t have the most amazing pictures today since I was entertaining guest I couldn’t spend all my time getting the perfect pictures. This sauce just made it’s way up my list to my new favorite steak sauce topping. I love my whiskey cream sauce I make, but this one is equally as good. Not to mention having mushrooms in it makes it a little more healthy right? haha

Filet with Mushroom Sauce

(Adapted from Recipe.com)

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

4 filet mignon steaks, 5 to 6 ounces each

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 ounces presliced mixed mushrooms

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1/4 cup steak sauce, such as A-1

1 tablespoon onion flakes

2 teaspoons brown sugar

 

Heat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick spray.

 

Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place on prepared pan and broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until internal temperature reads 130 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes.

 

Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in steak sauce, onion flakes, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until thickened.


IMG_6254 (800x600)IMG_6256 (800x600)IMG_6258 (800x600)IMG_6260 (800x600)

No comments:

Post a Comment